Monday, January 21, 2013

Cape Town Day 6


Day 6!

Last day of our Cape Town vacation. We got up and had breakfast this morning and then drove about 20 minutes to a farm so that we could ride horses on the beach. We got the farm and fitted with our riding helmets and the guides got us set up with horses. I rode Pockets. I am not a horse rider at all. Pockets and I had a little talk about this before we left and I told him we were going to go slow and listen to what I told him to do. He responded by biting my foot. Once we were all set we started down a trail that led to the beach. All four of the horses that we were on liked to eat so we spent most of the time on the trail trying to keep this in line and stop them from eating. We did make it to the beach and walked the beach for almost an hour before heading back. We had watched the horses on the beach all week long and it was fun to be on them. Katy was telling us that the morning before she was sitting outside for a while and she saw a horse fall on the beach. While I was talking with the guide on our ride I found out that it was Pockets that fell. Good thing I found this out after we had started. We got back and stretched our leg and ate lunch at a little cafĂ© they had at the farm. Then we came back to our place and walked the beach for a little bit. After that we packed and are spending our last bit of time on the Internet. We fly back to Joburg tonight. It was an amazing trip filled with so many memories. We are so blessed that we were able to take this time away to renew ourselves for the home stretch. Because guess what friends, February 1 means that I will have been in South Africa gone for almost 90 days and I will have less than that until I start the journey home. We are in the double digits now! Please continue to pray for the transition back to working with the babies and for the last three months that I will be gone. Pray that homesickness does not set in when we get back and that transportation issues begin to be resolved.  

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you had a fun time away! Praying BIG that this next stretch will go surprisingly great and that you will be blessed and be a blessing!!!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete