Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Week 20


Week 20

Baby B gets Adopted

This Monday baby B left for adoption. She is one of the babies that came in through the bin while I was here. It is so neat to be able to see her come in and leave to be reunited with her forever family. She is a sweetie and will be a blessing to her family. We pray only the best for her and are so glad that we were able to hold and love her while she was at Door of Hope.

Baby A moves to Toddlers

Baby A moved to toddlers this week Monday. She was one of my favorites in big babies and it will be fun to watch her transition to the toddler room, this means that we are back to having 12 toddlers with all the beds full. Days down there will continue to be crazy and only get crazier now that the room is full again! When I first got here there were a few babies that stood out to me and really reminded me of people from home. Baby A was one of those babies as she reminded me of Andrea so much. Hopefully they will be able to meet over Skype now that she is downstairs. It is much easier to Skype with the toddlers because they go outside so often and that is really the only place that Skype works well for me.

Odds and Ends

-       The week before this one we had some cooler weather around the baby house. There were even a few days that we had to beak out the pants and socks. The babies wore long sleeve and long pants pajamas to bed to stay warm. Not the case this week. We have again had some days that are hotter than blazes. We really need to find the happy middle for these last few weeks.
-       I know that I have mentioned that the kid’s favorite snack is yogurt before. They have one more favorite snack that they don’t get to often and that is bananas. This past week we got a lot of bananas. So many in fact that each of the toddlers got their own and there were even a few left over for snack the next day. The kids loved this! Many of them even cried when they were done because they wanted more. It is so much fun to give them the treats they love so much and that also happen to be so good for them.
-       My favorite snack as of lately has been chips with guacamole. I just can’t seem to get enough of this stuff. My only regret is that it took me 24 years to try it!
-       My two days off this week included the same activity; sitting is the big chair in the living room doing absolutely nothing. This just goes to show that my life in South Africa is not always eventful and full of adventure.
-       Big Boy K calls me by name now! The other day he came up to the flat when the kids were outside looking for Auntie Emily. It was so sweet. Love this kid more everyday.
-       The kids have two favorite phrases that they say. One is ‘stop it’ and the other is ‘nonononono.’ They love to say them when they are getting in trouble and to say them to other kids. Both ways get them in trouble. If only they would pick up on the ‘I love you’ we are trying to teach them.
-       This past week I was working with Candice and it was towards the end of the day. We were watching our movie, Barney, and toddler K was not listening and telling Candice no. She asked him to come over to her. The kids are smart and know that they will probably get a slap on the hand if they disobey in this way. He walked over to her finally and she was talking to him and getting ready to get his hand and it was at that moment that the end song of Barney came on. K just started to yell to Candice, I love you, You love me and we both just lost it and K got away with misbehaving this time. Well played toddler K, well played!
-       I have two babies that are my absolute favorites downstairs and they both know it. Currently they are competing with each other for who gets my lap and my attention the most. We are learning to share and that there is room for two babies on my lap. Love these little ones sooo much!
-       We had a great weekend in Swaziland and Kruger National Park and I will post about our adventures soon!

See you all soon,
Emily

1 comment:

  1. Em - I love reading your posts and just had to tell you. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete